The Welkom Publicity Association Board members held an emergency meeting today at 14:00.
The agenda of this emergency meeting revolved around the Welkom Flea Market and the way forward for 2021. The full Welkom Publicity Association Board (11 members) was present during this meeting and addressed a long list of queries and complaints that have arisen over the last few months regarding the operation and planning of the Flea Market, most of which were from our exhibitors.
The investigation found that the Flea Market may be hosted within the confines of the law and current regulations as stipulated by the South African Government by following the strict health and safety protocols.
- The next Flea Market will be hosted on Saturday the 13th of February 2021.
- The gates to the Flea Market grounds will not be locked prior to the event to allow exhibitors enough time to unpack their stalls in the morning.
- The gates for public entrance will also be unlocked to further ease access to the Flea Market.
- Officials will be present and patrolling the grounds to ensure that both exhibitors and the attending public are in FULL compliance with the Covid-19 regulations we will be operating within. Noncompliance will NOT be tolerated and will result in the offenders being removed from the grounds.
- It is therefore the responsibility of the exhibitors as well as the attending public to wear masks and to practice social distancing at all times. It is also the responsibility of the exhibitors to have hand sanitiser at their stalls for public use at all times.
- ALL existing rules governing the attendance of both exhibitors and the general public applies as it did during prior Flea Markets. An updated list of rules and regulations will be made available to the public before, and on, the day of the Flea Market.
Bookings for the Flea Market open tomorrow, 03 February, at 08:00. They can be made in person at the GoldFM Offices located at The Strip, Welkom; or telephonically by calling or sending a Whatsapp to 071 321 4584.
The Welkom Publicity Board look forward to hosting you and your families at the next Welkom Flea Market, we hope to see you there!