People need gentle encouragement and peer pressure, not brutal policing, to encourage good behaviour to stop transmission. Until we have a vaccine, it is imperative to implement nonpharmaceutical interventions,” she said.
- Physical distancing, keeping 2m apart;
- Wearing a mask over your nose and mouth when you are in a public place;
- Ensuring good ventilation by meeting outdoors and having windows open in buildings and vehicles;
- Hand washing and sanitising frequently; and
- Staying at home if you feel sick.